Parametric curves

Share your ZGE-development tips and techniques here!

Moderator: Moderators

kattle87

Parametric curves

Post by kattle87 »

Enjoy ;)

this is only the beginning... Lots of parameters to be set :)
Attachments
Anyone is texturing a cathedral window?
Anyone is texturing a cathedral window?
trochoid.gif (45.47 KiB) Viewed 7171 times
This could be useful... Flowers or something like that? ;)
This could be useful... Flowers or something like that? ;)
pericycloid.gif (15.39 KiB) Viewed 7171 times
jph_wacheski asked for a non-implicit torus, didn't he?
jph_wacheski asked for a non-implicit torus, didn't he?
torus.gif (28.92 KiB) Viewed 7171 times
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

this is the project file: I was not allowed to attach it in the other post due to attachments limit

BTW: the first thing that the expression does is flattening the cube for getting a sort of "MeshGrid", this is the easies way even if it "kills" lots of triangles (they disappear even if they are computed so rendering is slower). But when Ville will add the MeshGrid component we will be happier and our graphic card faster :D
Attachments
parametric.zgeproj
I think mathematics should be opensource :D
(3.28 KiB) Downloaded 683 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Very impressive! I'm going to implement a net/grid so that the polycount can be lowered. Good math-skills kattle87 :)
jph_wacheski

sweet mathemajic

Post by jph_wacheski »

Well yes, this is excellent work here! I am amazed what you can do with these tinny bits of mathemajic! Sure, I can use help with Artificial Nature,. and all my 3d games as 3d math is the largest hurdle for me,. well basic trig. in fact is also a bit of a fuzzy gray-zone to me sometimes as well,. guess I have good days and bad depending on my mental energy or focus.

I loaded your proj. file in the latest ver. of ZGE, and with the new 2DcubeOnly (looks like it was added just for you :)) box ticked the torus is inside out,. how do we invert it? However this does give me a great idea for an endless tube game,. hummm.

great stuff!

oh I had found one you will be interested in! I was going to attempt to implement it in ZGE myself,. however you may just be the man for the job!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superformula

this looks like a great way to generate flowers and such as if we can build the equation. It takes four seed numbers to return a near endless set of forms,. would be perfect for our uses. Personaly I would like to see it dawing bitmaps as well as the full 3d mesh implementation as I can see many uses for both, those 2d shapes will be great for particles, leaves, flowers, etc. and the meshes will just be spectacular!

or is that whay you are already using here?
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Re: sweet mathemajic

Post by VilleK »

jph_wacheski wrote:I loaded your proj. file in the latest ver. of ZGE, and with the new 2DcubeOnly (looks like it was added just for you :)) box ticked the torus is inside out,. how do we invert it? However this does give me a great idea for an endless tube game,. hummm.
I noticed this too and I got it working by inverting the z-axis at the end of the expression:

this.V.Z *= -1;