Accumulation

Share your ZGE-development tips and techniques here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Accumulation

Post by Kjell »

8)

Basic example of the accumulation buffer in action ( quite heavy, so use with caution ) using opengl32.

K
Attachments
Accumulation.zgeproj
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 763 times
Accumulation.jpg
Accumulation.jpg (33.23 KiB) Viewed 16663 times
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Looks great in the images, however I do not get the effect on my card,. any idea?
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

It works (and looks great!) when I try it on nVidia, but no effect on my ATI-card.

I believe that when the OpenGL context is created you can specifically ask for an accumulation buffer and zge does not do so because we haven't needed it so far and we don't want to fail the video init if no accumulation buffer is available. Perhaps on nvidia it creates memory for accumulation buffer anyway by default.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Yea,

You're right, there are a couple of Accum related flags available in the PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR. Too bad ( doesn't ChoosePixelFormat attempt to select the best PF from your specification, instead of failing when a requested flag isn't supported though? ). But anything you can do using the Accumulation Buffer you can do with shaders as well .. and a whole lot faster too, just takes a bit more effort :)

K
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Not sure. I get forward/back with blurred dots, but nothing like the pics.

Man, if I hadn't snagged an openGL text from a bargain bin once, I wouldn't know what was what!
"great expectations"