Preview windows

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

rrTea

Preview windows

Post by rrTea »

In case any of these are implementable - I know all of these are already available through various DIY methods so... just a thought.

RenderMesh preview window:
Option to draw a grid in the back.

RenderParticles
It doesn't have a Preview window but it'd certainly be useful! (including a "restart" button for the kind of RenderParticles that is usually used for explosions etc, which are limited in time).

+for both: an option to select which material to use for Preview.

For example right now when I want to preview how exactly does a RenderParticle for an explosion work, I just make a dummy model and (in the Program Preview) keep automatically spawning / deleting it in a special AppState while tweaking the numbers of the RenderParticle... Yeah this works but a preview window for RenderParticle would surely make this less error-prone (in most cases it's impossible to predict how exactly will the values translate visually once they deviate from often used numbers like 0.5, 0.25 etc - so the first setup is always just a good guess at best) and faster / easier to work with.
VilleK
Site Admin

Re: Preview windows

Post by VilleK »

rrTea wrote:(including a "restart" button for the kind of RenderParticles that is usually used for explosions etc, which are limited in time).
I seem to recall there is already support to restart a renderparticles. Can you try if rightclicking on the RenderParticles component and select "Reset component" does this?
rrTea

Re: Preview windows

Post by rrTea »

Yes it works, I don't really use it because it requires moving a mouse away from the numbers field (I find it more practical to just spawn / delete it in a special "lab" AppState etc).