collisions with mesh objects

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

nikkk

collisions with mesh objects

Post by nikkk »

wanted collisions with mesh objects (include inmorted from 3ds), gravity, feature of making shaders effects with objects (glow etc), possability to isert lights (omni, direct, point) with realtime shadows. in future maybe implement global illumination with function to bake textures after that to make REAL GAMES! :lol:

PS: i am first! :lol:
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:?

Most of your requests are already featured / possible.

- Gravity: Unless you mean a full featured Physics system like Havok, you can just use "g=c*m/pow(d,2);"
- Glow / Global Illumination / Shadows: Fragment & Vertex Shaders are already supported.
- Lights: When using Shaders you can easily calculate light influence from multiple sources.

CollisionStyle:Mesh is a much needed request though :wink:

*Here is a basic GlobalAmbient ( not exactly GI, but easier and faster ) example / tutorial ( Link )

K
nikkk

Post by nikkk »

i want to apply gravity to my player, were i must put expressions with your formula to do that? :(
can you post some example whith light for example like Cornell's Box scene? with shadows? :lol:
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hey,

Use the ZExpression Component for expressions. If you'd taken a close look at all the wonderful examples that are included with ZGE you should have know that :wink:

Here's a tutorial on shadow mapping using GLSL ( Link )

Good luck,
K
nikkk

Post by nikkk »

i want to apply gravity to my player, were i must put expressions with your formula to do that? :(
can you post some example whith light for example like Cornell's Box scene? with shadows? :lol:
nikkk

how to do glow effect like this?

Post by nikkk »

how to do glow effect like this?
i'm not programmer, so please, post some example in ZGE project format
:lol: :(
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (30.63 KiB) Viewed 16588 times
slobu

Glowing stuff

Post by slobu »

Slightly off-topic but may be an answer for nikkk. Disclaimer: I'm completely new to ZGameEditor and have never made a 3D model.

I'm thinking the "glow" effect is something that happens during the 3D model creation process. I'm sure it can be done programatically but I bet it's something you usually do while making your 3D model. Here is a link to an example of what I'm talking about:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=301259

EDITED: For spelling and clarity.
myraneal

Post by myraneal »

Glow is actually a post-effect that is applied after the drawing of a frame, and it is mainly handled by code, but unlike bloom, what people usually mean by glow is that you can paint "glow" textures onto your meshes, specifying where on your mesh and at what strength (tied to RGB values in the glow texture) the glow effect will be rendered at. What bloom tries to do is look at where in the current rendered frame there are areas that should appear overbright, and gives them a little boost in luminance and also a little halo. If done badly (which is most of the time), the bloom effect can give the final rendered frame quite a blurry look, which I hate with a passion.

-Yılmaz
nikkk

Post by nikkk »

so, wanted another new feature: postroduction effects with possibility to apply to all scene or to single objects!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
myraneal

Post by myraneal »

nikkk, I'm one of the least qualified to speak about this (since I'm new to ZGameEditor as well) but I will anyways. As you can see, ZGameEditor is a great tool to make simple, 64k(-/+) games but it isn't anything like the Unreal Engine 3 or the CryEngine. And it shouldn't be anyways, the focus is different. It seems to me that the features you want are a bit too much to ask of the makers of ZGameEditor. I mean for things like glow and bloom, I believe that you could do those yourself with shaders, that are already supported by ZGameEditor. But since you say you're no programmer, and since you show no initiative to try and learn these things yourself, I don't think you'll have much luck.
If you want advanced features such as Glow right out of the box, look for some professional 3d engines, such as the C4 Engine, Unreal Engine 3 (which you can actually use if you just buy UT3, they give you the editor and stuff), and others. In either case though, if you actually want to make something good, you will need a programmer by your side, or know programming yourself.
I hope you don't find this offensive, I just wanted to be frank and give you what I believe to be the truth.

-Yılmaz
nikkk

Post by nikkk »

thanx to all who replyed me for answers. :lol:
i keep trying to achive my features by myself.... :lol: