:ideas:

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

:ideas:

Post by Kjell »

:idea:

SpawnModel*
- Rotation ( vector )
- Scale ( vector )

Call Script
- ZExpression to be called ( String )
- Target variable to which the returned value is written ( String )
- Arguments to pass to the ZExpression ( ? )

Component Tree
- Highlighting of active Components ( AppState / Condition:State etc. )
- Spawned Clones listing ( for easier debugging of clones )

Tools > Options
- Option to enable real-time updates of values in the Property Editor ( perhaps with frame interval setting to keep things light )

*All but this is low-priority

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

as always more great ideas,.

especially the script one! I find i am cuting and pasting what should be scripts to multiple objects or even components of the same obj,. this would very much keep with the procedural nature of ZGE and should help keep the .exe file size nice and small,. cus. Small is Beautiful.

for this one;
Highlighting of active Components ( AppState / Condition:State etc. )
I am not sure what you are asking for, but I thought it would be nice to be able to set/select an active state for things that would be reflected in the preview window., as states are so very very usefull but not reflected in preview currently.
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi jph,

A "Call ZExpression" Component is probably not that difficult to pull off ( but I could be wrong ), except from passing arguments, since that usually requires some kind of list / array structure. But even without that ( using global variables instead ) it could still be very useful.

With highlighting states I meant that while a application is running in preview mode, states that are active would be highlighted in the Component Tree ( similar to selecting, but using a different bg color ). Right now the only feedback you have on which state is active is looking at your game itself. A additional problem is that clones are not listed at all currently.

K