scale scripting shortcut,. not important.

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

scale scripting shortcut,. not important.

Post by jph_wacheski »

perhaps it would be a nice elegant touch to have the scripting engine (when updated) read non-defined scale. X,Z,Y values as uniform,.
i.e;

.scale=.3;

is short for;

.scale.X=.3;
.scale.Y=.3;
.scale.Z=.3;

as this is very often the cast, it should save time.
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hej jph,

Ironically this is how it works already in the Fragment / Vertex properties of the Shader Component. Even better, you can just overload any function with the amount of variables you want to pass*. But I suspect Ville just plucked a GLSL Parser somewhere off the web, and that the ZScripting Language stands completely separate from that.

*You can read some more on this here.

K
jph_wacheski

GLSL

Post by jph_wacheski »

glad to see some one is reading up on shaders,. I have poked around a bit, but still have not done much research or actualy development of them,.

perhaps we could start a GLSL thread for positing links, tips, info.s, and shader programes! I did some work with shaders when I was learning Maya but that was like 10 years ago,. . I do recall being very impressed with what I could achive with facing ratios, and maping their values to color and alpha channels., . have you found a nice simple GLSL dev app. ?
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Yo jph,

Well, since I've had some experience with HLSL / CG in the past years, GLSL all looks rather familiar to me. When it comes to designers, I've only tried the one at TyphoonLabs, which seemed quite decent .. but I ended up typing most of it in ZGE anyway.

K