Center mouse

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

turshija

Center mouse

Post by turshija »

We really need center mouse function or something, that centers windows mouse to middle of the screen, so we can make mouse controlled models ...
I think Jph Wacheski already mentioned that somewhere, and I'd like to repeat that... :twisted:
hoping to see that soon in new release :)

Boris
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Yup, I had said that., and Kjell noted that it was said in his very first post to these here boards! Last I spoke will Ville has did ask that I remind him if it did not appear in the next release,. so he is indeed on it,.

One thing that has come to mind regarding this; I have seen games that implement this quite badly,. that is, windowed games, as many ZGE games will no doubt be, that due to there constant self sentering of the mouse make it imposible to move the window or close it while the game is running,. . not sure the way around that but I suppose it is down to how the feature is implemented. guess any problems arising from that can be mediated by clearly displaying some text that the ESC key is quit.

Otherwise I did also have a thought on a possible way to implement some form of self centering mouse controls using an invisible mouse-controled object,. however I have not gotten around to testing that idea,. if I have any luck i'm sure I will come back to brag about it, .so you should hear. :wink:
iterationGAMES.com
turshija

Post by turshija »

jph_wacheski wrote: Otherwise I did also have a thought on a possible way to implement some form of self centering mouse controls using an invisible mouse-controled object,. however I have not gotten around to testing that idea,. if I have any luck i'm sure I will come back to brag about it, .so you should hear. :wink:
i have already tried that without luck :(
model CAN autocenter but not the mouse, that means model will come back to original possition after the autocentering (check attached file)...
even if you DO make something to work, you still have problem with limited screen space that means you wont be able to move mouse more than screen width ...
Attachments
center model test.zip
(47.3 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
turshija

Post by turshija »

by the way, I know the center mouse wouldn't be hard to implement, because you already have that in preview window ...
try clicking and holding mouse click in preview window, and you will notice it autocenters every few milliseconds :)
turshija

Post by turshija »

i thought that scaling ScaleX to big number like 500 would fix the problem, but I was wrong :(
I really need that CenterMouse ... :D
here is my current game im developing that really needs centermouse ... :D
Attachments
game test mouse.zip
(52.04 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

There will be a new ZGE release next week and the centermouse-feature will be included, I promise :)
nikkk

Post by nikkk »

please can post your last post movemets camera in ZGE project format? :lol:
i want to inplement it in my project :lol: :lol: :lol:
turshija

Post by turshija »

of course ...
I have intention to make all my projects open source ... :)
enjoy, hope you'll find some things interesting and useful ... :)
Attachments
game test mouse.zgeproj
(29.08 KiB) Downloaded 549 times
nikkk

turshija

Post by nikkk »

thanx :lol: :lol: :D