Double

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Double

Post by Kjell »

:shock:

Scores above 10 million start to crack up as all floats are of the type Single. Right now I'm using 2 variables as a solution, one holding the number of millions you've scored and another for the digits up to a million. But doubles would be nice .. or Int64 :)

Low priority though.

K
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

Using double creates a larger executable :) 1kb more I think. Plus, do you need 1Milion with 1 point "resolution"? Pheraps you could use smaller number then use the multiplier when displaying.
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Salve Francesco,

Yea, that's what I tried at first as well. The multiplier however actually multiplies the value ( makes sense ), so you end up with a float that exceeds the precision of a single again. Using doubles doesn't make the executable any bigger afaik .. it's one of the base types supported by Delphi, it just uses double the memory compared to a single. Anyway, it's no big deal .. the 2 variable solution works, which is good enough :wink:

K
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Bump ~

Although the original argument is no longer valid ( intToStr ) .. calculating and passing entire texture matrices to shaders is a bit cumbersome. Full matrix + pointer support would obviously be the ideal solution, but being able to call glFrustum / glOrtho would be a huge help.

Along with other uses obviously ( Game Maker Extensions ).

K