a Distort/Displace Method for the BitmapCombine component,..

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

a Distort/Displace Method for the BitmapCombine component,..

Post by jph_wacheski »

How about a Distort/Displace method on the combine component that takes the value of the second input and displaces the position of the first input by that value,. perhaps each color channel value could distort in differing directions, or some such,. just so we can use one function to displace another. This would be a very usefull addition. or is there some way to do this in the current setup with expresions?
iterationGAMES.com
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

Actually there's a way, but is something quite complicated...
First: set up 3x 2-D array and store the values of the pixel R, G and B.
Second: Set up another 3x 2-D array and use some discrete math function for doing warp and such thing. This is the worst part I think, because you will have to work with "discrete" and not continuous functions. The functions can use some stuff like another 3x 2-D array derived from a bitmap as parameter, for doing super-fancy stuff. Ask for some kind of warp and I'll TRY to provide you a working example. ;)
Third: from Array to Bitmap... The easiest part.
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

kattle87 wrote:.., and store the values of the pixel R, G and B.
how do you get the values FROM the bitmap? otherwise this sounds quite intriguing,. a small sample could ZENsnap my mind into awarness,. .
iterationGAMES.com