tree search ?

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

y offs et

tree search ?

Post by y offs et »

I've been looking at cannonshoot.zgeproj.
I decided I wanted to find the keypress entries to know how to play it properly. You know, I still haven't found them.
I think this points out the need for some kind of tree search feature to offset different coding styles that are going to evolve.
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

Actually, if you only need to find a component, you can use the right click->Find component command. That is a feature that was just started, too! I agree we should get something done about it and get some better dialog to help the final user (something like search for names/description and so on).

BTW: the commands are under the models "playerModel" and "playerModel2" in the "OnUpdate" component list.
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Yes. I did eventually find them. I had to go out of the editor. I used XML notepad 2007. It's pretty good at separating the fruit and nuts from the branches and leaves of the XML jungle. It's from MicroS and it's free (gasp!).
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa905339.aspx