midi Loop,..

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

midi Loop,..

Post by jph_wacheski »

I have started trying to use the midi in my new game.., and it is rather usefull,. I like that if you musicControl.start,. the playing midi is ended, and the started one takes its place,. one missing feature may be the lack of a musicControl.loop option,. short loops for undetermined lengths of time would be a good thing.
However, I have noticed that my single channle midi file always playes on channel 0. Is this due to the midi file specifing that it is track 0? For the sake of volume (and delay) I had wanted to change the instraments channel., to fade the midi music in/out as needed in the game,. is there a way to set the intraments channel, or is that down to the midi file setting?
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hmm,

Changing the channel of a Sound in the Audio Editor doesn't work?

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Channels are set when the Sounds are triggered with a PlaySound, the setting in the sound edit section of the editor is just for the autoplay auditioning of the sounds when editing them. Checking the XML of a sound confirms this;

Code: Select all

<Sound Name="s_midi_ch_2" Comment="70 Bassoon" Length="0.4" Volume="0.47" Osc1PW="-0.83" Osc2Waveform="1" UseFilter="1" FilterCutoff="0.1199" FilterQ="0.7592" Mod0Active="1" Mod0Destination="11" Mod0Amount="1" Mod1Active="1" Mod1Source="2" Mod1Destination="14" Mod1Amount="0.06" Mod2Destination="1" Mod2Amount="0.4" Env0Active="1" Env0ReleaseTime="0.3" Lfo0Active="1" Lfo0IsBipolar="1" Lfo0Speed="0.22"/>
No Channel value is saved. I have attached a test case file, to see.

side note;
This is the problem I have with midi,. data is hidden from me. If it where a text based format, we could just open it in a text editor and see what is going on, however the only way I can open midi files is in a sequncer, and all of these I have tryed have so many extranious features I am not sure what is actual 'midi data' that is saved and used by ZGE. :?
I have found some cool scanned piano roll tunes from the 1920s that are single track/instrament so I can work with these, keeping ch0 for the piano,. I will hack around with this later today,. gota run out and get some foods,. . peace.
Attachments
midi_test_case.zgeproj
here is the file,. .
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
iterationGAMES.com