Keyboard Shortcuts

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

diki

Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by diki »

i've got a habit of saving iterative versions of my projects to avoid overwriting previous work that i might need to fall back to. because of that, i almost always use the "Save As..." feature instead of just saving. it would be cool if there was a keyboard shortcut for it. i personally favor Ctrl-Shift-S over Ctrl-Alt-S (i guess the opinions might differ on that), but any of the two would be much appreciated.
Last edited by diki on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

Since we are speaking of interface, I also suggest a button or command for refreshing the currently selected content (bitmap, mesh, or whatever) and set "F5" as hotkey to use it! :P
This is useful if you modify a mesh that is loaded by a second mesh and you want to see the results on the second mesh without needing to modify it in order to getting it refreshed. There could also be a feature to automatically refresh all of the depending meshes/bitmaps but this is more difficult to implement and very problematic performance-wise (it might create a chain reaction needing to refresh EVERYTHING in your project :P).
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
diki

Post by diki »

muchos gracias for the implementation!