Opening website?

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

turshija

Opening website?

Post by turshija »

Hello, long time no see ... you've probably forgot about me ... ^_^
I'm playing with PHP for a while combining with many different things...
from Counter Strike AMXMODX plugins to making GameTracker-like website and stand-alone PHP applications like e-shops...
Now I was thinking if it could be possible to make an option to open a website in default browser using ZGE?
It could be useful for something like "Click here to visit our website", but the most useful thing is online score keeping !
For example if you could find a way to open a website without showing it (like in the background or something) ...
For example: http://www.site.com/something/submit_sc ... score=1337

you can make PHP file that gets the information using $_GET['name'] and $_GET['score'] and then saves it into SQL ...
Next to that you can have www.site.com/something/scores.php where you have PHP file that lists X scores ordered by score ...
"SELECT * FROM table ORDER BY scores LIMIT 0,10"
If you are interested, I can make an example so you can test ... :)

I've used similar technique in CS by opening a MOTD window in game on some event, and It works pretty great ... :)
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:)

Great request .. not only useful for online highscores, but also for turn-based / slow-paced multiplayer games. Shouldn't be too difficult to implement, and it's exactly the same way Virtools handles web queries .. so I'd feel right at home :)

+ Welcome back :wink:

K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Hi Boris :)

Yes good suggestion, I put it on the list of things to investigate for next release!
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

yup,. im interested too,. mostly for net turn-based gameplay.
iterationGAMES.com