comma-character as valid floating point

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

diki

comma-character as valid floating point

Post by diki »

hi,

i'm used to inputting values with the number keys on my large keyboard; but the only punctuation on the number-keypad is the comma (,) which ZGE does not allow as a floating point in the property editor (log reports 'not a float value'). it'd be nice if it would :)

i really don't know how much of an effort this involves, so if it's too much hassle, i can still autohotkey my way out of it.
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

it'm more a matter of standard rather then effort... We could change that for sure, but....
Dunno... Ville, any opinion? A fast way to implement it is auto substitution of "," with ".", but do we want ZGE to look more like Visual basic rather than any other serious RAID? :D
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

humm,. not sure, but I do belive that you can change the function of that key in windows settings,. as my American style keyboard has only a period on it's numpad I think this may be a eruopa VS americas issue???
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yes, it is a comma on the numpad on my Swedish keyboard too. I made a decision from the beginning to use "." as decimal separator in ZGE because I've had to chase down so many bugs with different local-settings over the years in other system, and I wanted to focus on other stuff instead. But allowing Windows local setting of decimals in property editor values definitely makes sense so I should fix that now if I can do so easily. The zgeproj-files should always use "." to make them independent of Windows setting. And also the scripts require "." just like in most programming languages.