Additional aspect ratios and screen resolutions

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rado1

Additional aspect ratios and screen resolutions

Post by Rado1 »

This is a minor feature request used mostly for testing, but now, by supporting also Android devices, it would be nice to offer also 5:3 or 6:4 ViewportRatios which are quite common for mobiles and tablets. If used, some of the most common resolutions of Android devices can be offered by the Options dialog, such as 480x320, 800x480, 960x640, 1024x600, 1280x800, etc. For testing on Windows I use CustomScreenWidth/Height and CustomViewportRatio, but this offers less variability for different resolutions. Optionally, the Options dialog can also offer a selection from different aspect ratios.

If it is not very flexible to have predefined aspect ratios and screen resolutions, then there should be a way to define custom ones, e.g., as a specially parsed string property of ZApplication.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

agreed. I would like those res. options as well. also the option to customize the options dialog. like custom text in place of "options" for the window.., and setting the offered sizes. full, half, and quarter HD sizes as well,. 1920 × 1080, 1280 × 720, 960 x 540,. .

although "Use Desktop Res." is still the most useful in most cases, as I want your whole attention anyway.
iterationGAMES.com