Model preview controls also for mesh preview

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rado1

Model preview controls also for mesh preview

Post by Rado1 »

What about to add controls of model preview (RotateX, RotateY, ..., Zoom, Normals, Wireframe and Reset camera) also to mesh preview? Bounds, Update time, and reset time are probably irrelevant; Normals and Wireframe are already available :-)

I maybe asked for it before, but it's quite useful feature users would use quite frequently when creating/debugging their meshes. When testing computation of normals someone can need to switch them on/off. When rotating/zooming meshes outside the scope of view and they disappear, someone would like to reset the camera position/rotation. Etc, etc.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:?

Personally I never use the Rotate and Zoom sliders and actually wouldn't mind if they got removed. Instead ( I requested this a long time ago ) I'd like the viewport navigation to use proper camera behavior ( akin to Softimage / Maya etc ). Attached is a demonstration.

Controls are somewhat similar to ZGameEditor navigation, except that LMB = track, RMB = orbit and LBM + RMB ( or MMB ) = dolly. Press F to refocus the camera onto the mesh.

Not sure why you mentioned normals / wireframe since those are already available during Mesh preview?

K
Attachments
Viewport.zip
(29.76 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
Mesh.png
Mesh.png (15.9 KiB) Viewed 4951 times
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Kjell - yes, proper camera behavior (akin to Softimage/Maya etc) would be nice.
Kjell wrote:LBM + RMB ( or MMB ) = dolly
+ mouse wheel

X/Y/Z should move camera to X/Y/Z axis and Shift+X/Y/Z point camera to -X/-Y/-Z, similarly to Wings3D.

I rarely use rotation sliders to be sure that camera rotation is only in one direction. But I would be fine if rotation and zoom sliders are removed.