Granulation, logics, and some gratitude

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

jobromedia

Granulation, logics, and some gratitude

Post by jobromedia »

First of all a humongously big thank you for zgame editor. Totally awesome tool. This has really improved the way I can now create my visualizations in FL Studio. Now to some feature requests:

granulation

We've heard this in hardstyle music how the sound gets all grained down, so why not give the same feature to the models. This would give the models a bit of Minecraft feeling making the model all blocky and stuff like that. Dunno what I talk about? Take a look at the transforming cube shown at 0:50 in TCB's demo Receptor.

The parameters:

Seed: The random seed to use
BitX: How many bits to use X wise
BitY: How many bits to use Y wise
BitZ: How many bits to use Z wise
Mode: (Squares, Triangles)

Now for some logics: Why not add AND, OR, and XOR to the images & meshes? The reason is that you would get some really fresh texture and mesh modifications that gives you more bang for the buck. if you AND two images then you're getting the brightest parts from one image. So if the first image is blue, and the 2nd is cloudy, then you'll get a nice blue sky with fluffy clouds.

The parameters:

Logic (AND, NOT AND, OR, NOT OR, XOR, NOT XOR)
In1OffsetX
In1OffsetY
In1OffsetZ
In2OffsetX
In2OffsetY
In2OffsetZ
Kjell

Re: Granulation, logics, and some gratitude

Post by Kjell »

Hi jobro,

Dynamically subdividing a mesh axis-aligned is quite tricky, but possible. Using bitwise operators on mesh data however doesn't work ( but perhaps you mean on the rendered result ).

Not exactly sure what you're requesting though. Are you asking for these features to be build-in ZGameEditor? Or asking someone to create FL Studio Visualizer effects?
jobromedia wrote:So if the first image is blue, and the 2nd is cloudy, then you'll get a nice blue sky with fluffy clouds.
You can do that relatively easy using pixel arithmetics. Attached is a simple example ( put the .zgeproj in your "FL Studio 10\Plugins\Fruity\Effects\ZGameEditor Visualizer\FgAndBg" folder ).

K
Attachments
Blend.zgeproj
(46.33 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
jobromedia

Post by jobromedia »

Tjena Kjell!

I was thinking about the rendered bitmaps and such stuff when I suggested logics. Thanks for your attachment. Will check it out!