If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Should be build-in yea. But in case you don't want to wait you could script this yourself. Be prepared for some serious headaches though ..
- The .3ds format doesn't support bones & weights¹, so you need to "roll" your own exporter / importer.
- The Mesh component doesn't support custom attributes, so upload your mesh using pure OpenGL.
- The Shader component doesn't support uniform matrix arrays², so .. again pure OpenGL to the rescue.
- There's no matrix variable type & math available in ZGE, so you need to do this using arrays & functions yourself.
- Arrays cannot be referenced / passed as argument³, so writing a isolated library is virtually impossible.
¹ Although you can bake your weights as vertex colors if you're using only 2 bones per vertex.
² It used to actually, but Ville removed it in favor of a sampler based solution.
³ Nor can you access Model-defined arrays ( this is a known bug ).
*Quick & ugly rig + ultra low-color to keep the file-size down.