Joystick

ZGE Source Code discussion. Ask questions, present your changes, propose patches etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Joystick

Post by Kjell »

8)

Raising the bar a little .. Joystick support coming up.

K
Attachments
Joystick.gif
Joystick.gif (4.95 KiB) Viewed 16787 times
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

I know it's Off-Topic, but... how much spare time do you have for beeing so active in ZGE developing? ;)
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yes how much spare time do you have Kjell :)

Joystick is interesting. I haven't even researched this before because I do not own a joystick myself. Some concerns are how do you read joystick on windows, do you need to link with DirectInput or something? And please also check the documentation for SDL so that everything you do on windows is also possible in SDL (for cross-platform support).
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi guys,

I'll be running out of free time shortly :shock: But seriously, starting 4 features ( and finishing 3 ) doesn't mean it took a whole lot of time. FOV was only 4 lines of code, Resolution 10, Ratio around 20 .. not exactly your average Pong or Pacman ;) And I just hope by kicking off this section, others will follow.

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

wow, this will be excellent Kjell! I hope you can get this going with the time you have for it,. When I strike gold I fully intend to make cash money availible to ppl who do fine works like this,. creating,. and adding refignments to, open-source freewares is trully great inspired work that should be much more rewarded by society at large.,

Ville - go out and pick up a wired 360 controller! they are straight USB and plug and play,. (on windows anyhow!) plus they seem to have wide support and really do make many games more fun to play,. perhaps it is just that it feels less like "working" i.e at a keyboard,. but more so for me anyhow, I find the controles more intuitive no mouse jumping and you get forcefeedback, in many games. Well, as you guess, I am quite happy with mines!
iterationGAMES.com