Physics engine PAPPE integration in ZGE

ZGE Source Code discussion. Ask questions, present your changes, propose patches etc.

Moderator: Moderators

keymasher

Post by keymasher »

Today I merged the physics branch with trunk(r296) and latest PAPPE.pas to produce

ZGameEditor 2.0.1b Physics Edition!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11487426/zgameeditor-phys.zip

Theres some error when zge quit's, unsure what that is at the moment, but both projects compile and the physics project jph made works just fine.

I'm still unsure why this project died, or the complexities involved with pursuing it further. But imho PAPPE still seems to me, to be the best choice, for filesize and crossplatformability.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Good stuff! Please PM me your Google account name if you have one, and I'll give you access to commit this to Google Code (in the Zge Pappe branch).

I did not get an error while testing now but if you got something about memory it could be memory leaks. That was one of the problems I encountered with Pappe and I reported it to the author.
keymasher

Post by keymasher »

PM'd yeh i think it is mem leak, I'm guessing cleanup isn't done correctly, now i've had a feel around the source I'll look into it.

Also MIDA(that firemonkey conversion tool is at version 2.0) would it be worth making a seperate branch where I can upload latest form conversions?
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Added you to the list of people with commit access to Google Code.

Please check in your changes to the "pappephysics" branch.

I've been thinking about adding a Firemonkey-branch too. If you feel up for it then please go ahead!

If you find any bugs in Pappe, please report them to BeRo. He was usually very quick in replying when I contacted him earlier.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Btw, have you tried compiling the ZGE runtime for OSX using the Delphi XE2 compiler? I'm interested in knowing if that works and how it compares to Freepascal regarding binary size. Since you seems to be working on a Mac maybe you can make a quick test?