Nexus Player

Any topic not related to ZGE.

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Nexus Player

Post by Kjell »

:)

Google just announced their own Android based console.

http://www.google.com/nexus/player/

K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I wondered when they would seriously enter the game market :).

So it is Android but it has an Intel CPU. We will have to make ZGE run on that, hopefully it is only a recompile with an correctly configured Freepascal.

It would be simpler if all Android devices had ARM chips but Intel is actually paying manufacturers to use their mobile CPUs so they are likely to take some of the market.
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Oh, interesting! I'd love to get my games playable on a TV somehow. Was planning on getting an OUYA, but this looks more interesting. Was also curious about one of these : http://www.jxdofficial.com/jxd-s7800b-7 ... nsole.html

Would ZGE support those extra buttons and gamepads? If so, awesome!
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Imerion wrote:Would ZGE support those extra buttons and gamepads? If so, awesome!
ZGE compiled for API level 16 does support joysticks and buttons of gamepads since they are supported by Android. Just include the"Android Gamepad Library" included in ZGE standard libraries. Particular Android device can use its own codes for buttons and axes, different from standard ones, but if you know them, it's no problem to create games for such a device. Exceptionally, devices can use their own API and in ths case it is solvable either as external library (in the case of native API) or modification of ZGE Java files (in the case of Java API).
fracteed

Post by fracteed »

An interesting development indeed, though it has been on the cards for a while. Seems very similar to the Amazon FireTV, so it will be interesting to see if it takes off. A pity that they didn't bundle the controller in with it.

I would imagine this will be the last nail in the coffin for the Ouya though. Will be interesting to see if Google setup up a dedicated part of the PlayStore for non-mobile Android, as the waters will be quite muddy initially as far as compatibility.

Would be nice to see Android Intel support in ZGE in the future, though it does complicate matters already for Android devs in an already very fragmented ecosystem!