VilleK in the "special thanks" of Hotline Miami 2

Any topic not related to ZGE.

Moderator: Moderators

kattle87

VilleK in the "special thanks" of Hotline Miami 2

Post by kattle87 »

Long time not seen everyone...
I just finished the game Hotline Miami 2 and the first one in the special thanks section is Ville Krumlinde... VilleK, do you know anything about this? :P
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Hey, that is cool :). I heard I was in the thanks section on Hotline Miami 1, but I don't have much contact with Jonatan (Cactus) since then.

I've had nothing to do with the developments of those (very cool) games, but I did have a cooperation with Cactus some years ago. It ended up fruitless but it was enjoyable learning experience. The web page is still up: http://www.lofiminds.com/

Cactus is a really great guy and it pleases me to see he is doing so well now with his work.

Did you enjoy the game? Was it better than the first one?
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

Yeah, the game was absolutely enjoyable, at least as much as the first one. There are a few issues with the design of some levels, which are just so huge that people can hit you from places where you have no chances to return fire, but the overall experience is nice. Lots of variety too, which is difficult to achieve in a game like this IMO.

If you haven't heard from him since Hotline Miami 1 was released, perhaps it's time to send him a message again :)
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yeah, I should contact him again, if only to say thanks for mentioning my name. But now he is probably swamped with emails about the release of his brand new game so I'll wait a bit.

You should try the latest ZGE beta, we've added lots of cool features since last you were here :)
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

I've seen the beta. At first I was like "oh, the beta had been released february 15, 2013... Probably development stopped :(". But then I realized this is probably some kind of everlasting beta which is being in devel for 2 years ;)

I'll take a look for sure!
-=Hugo Rossi=-