Unity3D PC

Any topic not related to ZGE.

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

very nice! I will be checking this out more deeply now,. it does look like a nice system. and you don't have to pay unless you generate over 100k.

Have you done any procedural work with this,. i.e. implemented any of the bitmap or mesh generation stuff we have been using around here? I will go check the forums over there I suppse,. thanks for the news.
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi jph,

Not extensively .. I mostly import my content from Softimage.

But it's just a matter of using the SetPixel function of Texture2D in a 2D loop that covers all pixels to recreate the BitmapExpression component, and pretty much the same idea with Meshes ( manipulating the vertices array ). You can find a bunch of procedural-related Unity examples here.

I'd stick with ZGE if you're heavily relying on procedural content though ( unless you need the physics / networking or something ).

K
y offs et

Visual logic editor

Post by y offs et »

quotes from Unity forum posts -

ZGE is ahead in this aspect.

Unity is good - if you like megaBloat apps making megaBloat exe's.
Attachments
1.gif
1.gif (62.39 KiB) Viewed 16101 times
2.gif
2.gif (23.4 KiB) Viewed 16101 times
"great expectations"
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:?:
ZGE is ahead in this aspect.
Could you elaborate on this?

K

*It's always a good idea to mention the thread you quote from :wink:
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

"great expectations"
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

So, here is an entertaining video of a guy using the above mentioned graphical method, that I believe they call Anteres, or something like that.

Since I lasted posted about this, I (we) have seen numerous like systems emerge in various venues. Having tried them out, I've come to the conclusion, this being my own personal observations and preferences, that when these systems get to be more than small apps, the code organization gets to be unmanageable.

So, I prefer ZGE because it is easier to follow an organized tree, than connecting "wires" all over the screen.

Anyway, enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S3rjYGW8P4
"great expectations"