Interface glitches

Found a bug? Post information about it here so we can fix it!

Moderator: Moderators

rrTea

Interface glitches

Post by rrTea »

Moving the right hand border of the Properties panel can end up in it disappearing completely if moved all the way to the left. See the video.

Fortunately (?) ZGE doesn't save its own layout (except for what can be set in the preferences) so a restart will give you the Properties panel back.

Also if you select a ZGE expression and move the same border the code preview will turn invisible.
Attachments
Capture-108.zip
(563.14 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Thanks, it will be fixed in next release (properties window disappearing).

That code editor hides is no bug. It is because when you move the border the focused control changes. The code editor is visible as long as an expression property has focus (in a ZExpression, that is the Expression property).
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

That's not what it looks like :) (the Zexpression continues to be rendered as having focus in the Project Tree etc)… but nevermind that since there's something more problematic: each of the skins except "Windows" causes the console to flash to pure white on each update.
rrTea

New

Post by rrTea »

I'm attaching an example of what I mentioned in the previous post. Due to the screen recording software probably skipping a frame here and there the effect is mostly lost in the first few seconds of the video but watch the middle and you'll see how it can get really distracting, especially if the console window is a bit bigger (this one was small just for the sake of the filesize).

There's another problem: Code editor renders the scroll bars incorrectly after returning from build testing. This way it's impossible to easily click and drag them without guessing where they are first, which can get quite annoying if the code is long and the scrollbars get tiny. I'm attaching a screenshot of that too.
Attachments
arch.zip
(135.36 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
Last edited by rrTea on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I think I have fixed the log window flashing. I will update the beta build soon.

I can't reproduce other problem with the code editor. Does it happen always? With all skins?
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

The problem with the code editor seems random, can't reproduce it every time.

It appeared when I was testing lots of skins to see which comment rendering works best in which skin, so I went through all the skins a few times in a row but now I can't trigger it anymore. Might as well have been a coincidence. Will report back if I manage.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

VilleK wrote:I think I have fixed the log window flashing. I will update the beta build soon.
I tested this on two computers (laptop with Windows 8 and Desktop with Windows 7) and it's still flashing unless the theme is set to "Windows".
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

VilleK wrote:I can't reproduce other problem with the code editor. Does it happen always? With all skins?
Had it happen today using Turquoise Gray skin, but this time I saw what happened before it glitched out: during typing of a comment in a ZExpression code window, auto completion tried to match a plain language word with something (not sure?) after which it went blank and reported an error (something that ended with "...invalid handle"). After I clicked "OK", ZGE IDE resumed working but without the scrolling buttons / bars. A "Windows 95" treatment (restart) made it work normally again.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Here's how to completely break lower part of the IDE. The only way out is a restart of ZGE.
Attachments
Capture-124.zip
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 552 times
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

The properties window can fail to scroll properly, it only snaps to the position after the mouse is released. It works normally with the "Turquoise Gray" skin, but not with "Windows", both are shown in the video.

(Edit: fixed the description.)
Attachments
Capture-126.zip
First part shows 'normal' behaviour, second part the 'snap' effect.
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 487 times
Last edited by rrTea on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

The autocomplete feature in the Code Editor Window sometimes doesn't show the last entry, see video.
Attachments
Capture-199.avi
The first entry in the list is shown as expected, but the "Y" can't be seen.
(483.5 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

(Edit: This glitch is gone, thanks for fixing it! :D ) This one is always confusing me so much!... When multiple components are selected in the ProjectTree, if one of them is rightclicked the other components can look like they lost the selection - even though they are still selected! Especially confusing when I'm deleting or copy / pasting components, since I'm never sure whether I selected all of them etc.

Example attached.
Last edited by rrTea on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
rrTea

Re: Interface glitches

Post by rrTea »

Some of the new themes cause the menus to be rendered with an offset... Basically if you hover the mouse over menu entry 5, the menu entry 9 is highlighted. Hard to describe, see video.

On a positive note... The console now partially accepts trace-commands in non-ASCII - that's fantastic! Not sure when exactly (how many builds ago) was this introduced but I'm happy. Sometimes the glyphs are rendered incorrectly but at least it doesn't throw an error.
Attachments
DSCF1513.AVI
Sorry for the bad quality (and rotated recording)! Note the cursor is a few lines above the highlighted entry.
(427.83 KiB) Downloaded 505 times
Last edited by rrTea on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

The preview window shows certain meshes "contracted", for example in the attached image the same mesh is rendered correctly in the running project (left side) as one big cube in the middle and four small rectangles surrounding it but has only one "satellite" barely protruding from the big cube (right side) in the Preview window.
剪贴板图片 (14).png
剪贴板图片 (14).png (46.81 KiB) Viewed 22861 times
Mesh Preview also behaves the same. Fortunately ingame it all works without problems.

Here is the code, I also included few other meshes that render incorrectly in the preview:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<ZApplication Name="App" Caption="ZGameEditor application" FileVersion="2">
  <OnRender>
    <RenderMesh Mesh="mesh_CubeFins"/>
  </OnRender>
  <Content>
    <Mesh Name="mesh_CubeFins">
      <Producers>
        <MeshLoop Count="4" Position="3.5 3.5 0" Rotation="0 0 0.25">
          <OnIteration>
            <MeshBox Scale="1 1 0.125" Grid2DOnly="255"/>
          </OnIteration>
        </MeshLoop>
        <MeshTransform Scale="0.5 0.5 0.5" Position="0 -1.75 0"/>
        <MeshBox/>
        <MeshCombine/>
      </Producers>
    </Mesh>
    <Mesh Name="mesh_BodyPlane">
      <Producers>
        <MeshBox Grid2DOnly="255"/>
        <MeshTransform Scale="0.5 0.5 0.5" Position="0 -2 0"/>
        <MeshBox Grid2DOnly="255"/>
        <MeshCombine/>
      </Producers>
    </Mesh>
    <Mesh Name="mesh_Body">
      <Producers>
        <MeshBox/>
        <MeshTransform Scale="0.5 0.5 0.5" Position="0 -2 0"/>
        <MeshBox/>
        <MeshCombine/>
      </Producers>
    </Mesh>
  </Content>
</ZApplication>
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Hi,

This was a weird one, I don't really understand why it happens, but after I made a full rebuild of ZGameEditor.exe the problem disappeared. Please download beta again.