editor devider bug,. randomly appearing.

Found a bug? Post information about it here so we can fix it!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

editor devider bug,. randomly appearing.

Post by jph_wacheski »

There is still a bug in the editor that sometimes trips when I move the devider between the tree and the rest of the editor,. perhaps this is due to me always setting the properties editor to middle?? not a big problem as it just pops when I move the bar but does not seem to cause any real crashes,. .

screen removed
Last edited by jph_wacheski on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Nice tree! :)

I haven't noticed this, and I usually have the property editor in the middle too. Does the problem appear in this project only? If it keeps appearing maybe you can send me the zgeproj so I can debug.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

no it is very random,. when it does happen it just keeps happening each time I move the devider,. then not at all,. . I know is a strange one.

I just droped this new tree experiment into that old project and it works nice,. think i will refine it a tad more,. and do a screen saver,. or perhaps a game. attached is the current ver. mainly done to test the random tree designs so i can see 64 iterations in one rotation,. . RMB to get some hight.
Attachments
pocket_forest_010.zip
im working on the tree farm again,. .
(51.63 KiB) Downloaded 528 times
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

BUG!

Post by jph_wacheski »

ok this may or may not be related, but this one IS reproducable,.
select the ModelState in the tree and the editor throws an error msg. and gets itself cought in a loop of doing so over and over.., (note; I am using the beta and did not check if this is the case in the current release ver.)

I lost some work on this one, but the cool thing I realised is that after working for a couple hours, and then loosing all that,. I could just recreate it all ( or all I could remember, anyhow ) in a few minuets,. so I guess most of the 'work' is thought and design decisions,. and that the ZGE interface is quite quick to work with,. perhaps a timed auto save could be added to the editor,. or maybe that is more problems that it is worth,. . ?
Attachments
steeringState__BUG.zgeproj
bad file, no cookie.
(369 Bytes) Downloaded 510 times
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Hi jph, I found the problem and fixed it. Beta updated with the fix + additional byte savings.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Flawless Kill!

Thnx a bunch.
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I found the real reason for the crash when moving the splitter. It often happens when you: select a mesh, switch to another project, and then move the splitter. I found a way to reproduce it, and could trace and fix the bug. Will be in next beta update.