Issues with skins

Found a bug? Post information about it here so we can fix it!

Moderator: Moderators

Rado1

Issues with skins

Post by Rado1 »

Here is a summary of my observations (some of them have already been mentioned by other people):

1. Color picker is invisible in Properties, even if the area is clickable and color dialog appears.

2. Icons are outlined with light borders in dark skins. I hope Ville will come soon with a new icon set we currently prepare.

3. Code editor uses unreadable syntax highlighting colors. Eg., keywords are dark blue and are really invisible on a dark background. This is a real stopper for usage of (better looking) dark skins.

4. Code editor uses always native scrollbars.

5. Unavailable components are not grayed, but highlighted with white background in the Select component dialog if a dark skin is used.

Note: Maybe some of these issues are really minor for functionality of ZGE, but I hope their fixing would improve usability.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Good summary. I've noticed most of these issues before but having them collected like this makes them easier to fix. As you mention none of these are really critical (except for code editor colors but only happens in combination of dark Windows theme), still they should be addressed.
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Another problem is that when a skin is active, accelerator key letters in menus are not underlined even if they are underlined in my normal Windows theme. This is a minor issue, but, when the Preview window is focused, a simple pressing of a key such as S, T, P, E,... moves focus to menu even if running the application. This make problems with eg. WASD key controls.

If possible, menu letter underlying should remain the same as is in the Windows theme and the Preview window should react to all pressed keys, at least these explicitly caught in application.

Remark: the aforementioned problem with color picker should be fixed in ZGE 2.0.1.