Find does not work in Code editor

Found a bug? Post information about it here so we can fix it!

Moderator: Moderators

Rado1

Find does not work in Code editor

Post by Rado1 »

Neither Find nor Replace works in the Code editor - the specified text is not found and selected.

It would also be nice if F3 searches next occurrence and Shift+F3 previous occurrence of the last specified string. An alternative would be that the Find/Replace dialog does not disappear on finding next/previous occurrence.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I've seen this happen once or twice, but now when I test it seems to work every time. I have the code editor focused and press Ctrl+F, type something to search for, press enter: text is found and selected. Find dialog is still visible, so I press enter again: next is found etc.
Search + replace works too. In code editor, shader editor and xml editor.
Does it fail every time for you?
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

VilleK wrote:Does it fail every time for you?
Yes every time the dialog is closed, nothing is found, and focus is lost from the Code editor. I tested it on an empty project, existing projects... always the same behavior.

An interesting behavior I observed for XML editor: when immediately after finding in Code editor I open XML editor, the find function works the same - closes the dialog. I tried Replace and it works correctly. Then I tried Find in XML editor again and it worked. (However, Replace always closes the dialog in Code editor, so the behavior is different in Code and XML editors.)

I have Win XP SP3.