Bugs

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Bugs

Post by Kjell »

:idea:

Some bugs / suggestions.

- When using multiple Wireframe Materials with various widths in one render pass, the first width is used for all.
- When loading a 24-bit Bitmap into a Bitmap Component that previously held a 32-bit Bitmap, the Alpha Channel isn't updated to none ( causes error ).
- Reloading a Bitmap that is used by a Font Component doesn't result in the Font being updated in the Editor instantly .. caching problem?
- While it's not possible to retrieve the current Viewport Ratio it might make more sense to confine the MousePosition coordinates to the active region instead of the Window for the time being.
- A model using 3D Collision with bounds of zero can return collision, while a 2D Collision can't. Bit inconsistent perhaps?

+ There is a huge performance difference between using a MeshExpression on a imported Mesh in the Editor ( slow ) and build executables.

K
Last edited by Kjell on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Nice and detailed report Kjell. They all sound like things that need to be fixed. I've copy-pasted them into my todo-list.

I'll likely release some sort of test-version of the attempt to integrate the physicsengine soon and leave it for evaluation. Then I'll go back and make additions to the main (non-physics) build.

Oh, and I can't resist asking you again Kjell: What kind of zge-project are you working on? I'm sure all here on this forum would like to know.
VilleK
Site Admin

Re: Bugs

Post by VilleK »

I'm working on the bugs now.
Kjell wrote:+ There is a huge performance difference between using a MeshExpression on a imported Mesh in the Editor ( slow ) and build executables.
I can't see why it would be such a big difference between designer and runtime here. Is it a expression that runs every frame with RefreshContent?
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hej Ville,
I can't see why it would be such a big difference between designer and runtime here. Is it a expression that runs every frame with RefreshContent?
Yes :wink:

K