Beta release 1.9.7b

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

ok I took a few min. to try this,. an I do likes it! it is strange at first to work with, as you don't acually move the nodes around directly, however after a trying to get them where I want it does make sence. I think it does make it easier to undestand the structure/flow of the components,. and i like that you can insert and delete them directly in the graph view with RMB.., nice ;)

I would like to be able to see any point on the graph as a bitmap preview either under the overall view or replacing it and then returning to it by re-focussing on the last node,. just makes the whole thing that much more usefull.

there is some new bug in the editor,. it kept poping an err,. some 'faliure to write to fffffdd' or some such I will grab a screen next time i see it,.
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

That random bug is still here in the latest beta. It reads;
Access violation at address 004042b8 in module 'ZGameEditor.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFD5.
but I can not go back a version as I really dig the new bitmap editing :(
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Hi jph. Do you remember what you did in the editor when the bug appeared? Was it in the bitmap graph editor? If it happens again then please take a screenshot so we can see the full context of the error.

I'm busy working on other projects this week but hope to get back to updating the beta after the weekend.

Btw, we've passed 2000 posts!
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

If I can say 2 words: I think I should be able to add the tileing perlin noise (yep it was possible and yet easy! :P) clean up some code on the distort component, ask Ville for a little modification and a little help, and add the light component within the end of the next week. If so, I think we can make a proper release. What about "ZGE 1.97 Texture Edition"? Since I think this will almost close the chapter of the needed bitmap producers. Then I will have to do some work for getting ready for passing the exams, and after those I will start some work on the Meshes, too =). By this rate, version 2.0 will hopefully be ready within september.
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:!:

When you delete a ZExpression Component using Right-Click -> Delete Component right after working in the Code Editor on that Component's Expression Property, the Editor throws a exception.

K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Beta updated today with latest contributions, thanks guys.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:?

A error similar to the one mentioned by jph has been popping up more then once ( usually when starting Preview after deleting some components ). In all cases ( so far ) a restart of the Editor fixed the problem.
Access violation at address 0052D884 in module 'ZGameEditor.exe'. Read of address 0000002C.
K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I could reproduce the problem thanks to your description, Kjell. I'm uploading a new beta now. Hopefully this is the same problem that happened to jph.
jph_wacheski

'Select a component to add' window size tweek.

Post by jph_wacheski »

perhaps the 'Select a component to add' window size, can be tweeked to show all of them when it first opens,. as now each time the editor is started we have to drag the bottom down a smidge to see them all,. It is very cool that the components list is growing eh. :shock:
iterationGAMES.com
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

I hesitate to post because of the talk of problems with ATI, but here goes.
loaded FpsDemo.zgeproj
content/group wall/wallTexture:bitmap
when I click to open further I get this -
"Access violation at address 6959D1C6 in module 'atioglxx.dll'. Read of address 00000000. "
I can view the bitmaps but any attempt to modify brings it up again.
I've got an Radeon x1650
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Strange, I don't think we've had ATI-problems inside the editor before. Do FPSDemo work when you run it (press f9)? And do you have the latest drivers for your card?
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Yes, I made sure I have the latest drivers for everything. I did update my Catalyst control panel, but the problem persists.
yes, the demo runs in the editor, as well as an .exe
clicking the nodes is no problem, but using the sliders is impossible. I can enter numeric changes in the properties, tabbing brings up the error and blanks the preview, but clicking on the parent in the tree refreshes with the new changes.
.edit
starting from scratch, I can add the bitmap component, but error on adding bitmapRect to producers (same error)
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

It could be something to do with the bitmap preview in the graph editor.

But the preview is not blank all the time? And is there any difference if you create a bitmap with BitmapCells instead of BitmapRect?
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Hmm... most interesting. From scratch bitmap/bitmapCells works just fine.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Found something here.
Go into your ATI control panel and disable catalyst A.I under the 3D settings this is a known problem with ATI X series cards and up, running on a dual core processor system.
Please try that and see if it helps.