Beta release 1.9.7b

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

y offs et

Post by y offs et »

tried that - didn't change anything.
as an experiment I tried every possible bitmap sub component onto bitmap/producers. Only bitmapRect produces this immediate error.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Too bad, I thought it looked promising.

More ideas:

1. Found this info:
You have to use ATI's catalyst though, if you use ATI tool tray ( what ever its called ) it doesnt seem to turn the A.I off properly.
Did you do that? And you did restart ZGE after changing this setting?

2. Did you also try BitmapFromFile? Because this component creates a bitmap with similar technique as BitmapRect.

3. Does changing the "Filter"-property on the Bitmap make any difference?

Thanks for taking time to help us fix this!
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

fruitful explorations -
1. don't use the tooltray, but did a complete reboot with disabled - no change.
2. imported a bitmap - got this error - "... address 00533BA5 in module 'ZGameEditor.exe'. Read of address 02BB4000"

3. tried filter/mipmap - hey, it works. Oops, still can't import from file.

the time - hey, I may have made the leap to a higher level of hardware etc. but that doesn't mean I want more software complexity. I like K.I.S.S. apps. Besides, there's only a few hours when we're both at the keyboard at the same time.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Interesting info about the mipmap-setting. I'll look into that.

I think the import-error is a separate problem. Can you please attach the file you are trying to import (or PM me the file).
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Something happened. I couldn't show anything in preview anymore, so I ended up re-installing(well, unzipping) a new copy of the beta. Now it seems I can load from file and do most everything with mipmap filter. However, linear and nearest still error.
check that. I can load a bitmap from file with linear. When I add bitmapZoomRotate it errors.
so I experimented with both but broke the connector. When I drag to remake the connection it errors.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I just updated the beta. Don't know if that was the version you reinstalled? ZGameEditor.exe should be dated today. Please check if that is the version you use otherwise install the updated version.

When Googling about this there seems to be many known errors in ATI's OpenGL drivers and a lot of irritation that the problems are not fixed.
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Now that confused me. I just downloaded from the first post this thread link and the .exe still says-
last modified 4/22/2009 8:04 AM
Driver Packaging Version 8.591-090225a-076828C-ATI
Catalyst™ Version 09.3
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.882
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
Direct3D Version 8.14.10.0647
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.8543
Catalyst™ Control Center Version
Anyway, I've been playing with the stuff on theprodukkt site for the last day. Fascinating, but amazingly simple (snap together) but complex way of making textures and productions. Everything works there for me.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi,

Do you have any of these problems with the latest stable build ( 1.9.6 ) as well? And make sure to save your Bitmaps in 24- or 32-bit Windows format, other variants will give you errors like you one you mentioned.

Download

K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Probably it is the cache in your webbrowser. Try clearing the cache and try again.

werkkzeug is DirectX-based so that explains why it works better with ATI. The benefit of using OpenGL is that it makes porting to OSX and Linux possible.
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Thank you! I learned something new about caches. Now have the updated version. No change in our problem.
I have no problems with the stable 1.9.6
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

This is good, since betas are made to try out some stuff :D
The bad is that I have really no idea of what's going on!
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

just as an experiment I dld ver. 9.2 display drivers only and installed. This produced an earlier dated atioglxx.dll in my system32 file. No change - same problem, so I reinstalled the updated version.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Just trying to narrow it down. Do you also get the problem if you use a BitmapFromFile and set the "Transparency" property to something else than "None"? In combination with Linear filtering?
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

That has no effect on anything.

I have been trying to PM you some more screenshots of strange findings. I get this message.
Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments in your Private Message Folder has been reached. Please delete some of your received/sent Attachments.
I've deleted everything from every box there is, but it does not seem to be updating, and I keep getting blocked by above.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I checked the configuration and the maximum size for a single attachment should be 1mb. I tried changing a couple of settings so please try attaching again. Or post the pictures as an attachment in this thread.