Android/iPhone/OpenGL ES runtime?

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

keymasher

Android/iPhone/OpenGL ES runtime?

Post by keymasher »

I know theres a few threads on getting runtime on other platforms - but I was wondering what would be needed to get the zge runtime working on mobile devices?

The first thought came to mind would be moving to open gl es and it looks like free pascal can compile to arm based devices (at least i saw ios and android efforts)

Is anyone else interested in this?
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

I would lov to see it (as would everone Im sure), however i am not much into compiler setups and workings,. so I would be little help in actualy setting it up. One of the reasons I use ZGE is it has that big old build button that just works ;)
I would definetly use it if anyone else is able to get it working. Specificly I would like to see a way to build for the Caanoo handheld (linux, gl es) as it is a sweet little system with proper game controls.
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Android tablet could be fun,. anyone think it is doable?
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi jph,
jph_wacheski wrote:Android tablet could be fun,. anyone think it is doable?
It's certainly doable, though iOS is probably a bit easier then Android at this point ( due to the Java-only policy since Android 3.0 ), and ES 2.0 requires more work on the engine then ES 1.x .. so the amount of effort involved depends a little on what you want.

K