more sample playback features?

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

more sample playback features?

Post by jph_wacheski »

Some aditional sample playback parameters may be useful;
Sample loop direction;
forward, back, ping-pong. -These are how the sample playback loopes after the first play.

and,. make current playback sample code settable, i.e; Sound1.SamplePosition=320000;
would be great for granular, glitched, wavetable etc. effects.

further,. perhaps the realtime synthesis process can be opened up to the editor like bitmap creation?

units;
OSC, Filter, LFO, Env,..

with routing ones like;
MODulaition, LFO, Env,.

only use the units needed in each sound, larger and small designs are availible as needed.
for back compatibility the current routing can be the defult patch.

Just some thoughts.
Attachments
noiseBox3.zip
.exe sound toy. . using one sample.
(152.01 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Re: more sample playback features?

Post by Kjell »

:!:
jph_wacheski wrote:make current playback sample code settable, i.e; Sound1.SamplePosition=320000;
Yes please, with support for negative values .. allowing you to cue a sound for playback in the future.
jph_wacheski wrote:perhaps the realtime synthesis process can be opened up to the editor like bitmap creation?
Agreed. Perhaps it would be easiest to have a separate child node for modulators, as they don't directly affect a sound itself ( they drive properties that affect the sound ) .. plus that way you can share modulators across properties.

And not entirely related, but I'd like to be able to change properties while a sound is playing* Ambient / engine sounds that loop for a undetermined amount of time and could change pitch / panning during that time are pretty much impossible to do at the moment.

*Tried doing this by updating a Sample while it's being played, but that doesn't work.

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

ah,. yes that is something I would like to see too! a way trigger a sound once and have it just keep running,. currently I do some short sounds and trigger them frequently, like a 0.3 second sound, triggered every 0.1. with an inverted V type envelop. You can then manipulate the filter, note, volume, pan, etc. But yeah if we can just turn the envelop off on a sound,. this would likely be useful.
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

I added a .zgeproj of this technique here ; viewtopic.php?p=5243#5243
iterationGAMES.com