Trying to make 3d logo rotate

Discuss the ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin for FL-Studio.

Moderator: Moderators

judejove625

Trying to make 3d logo rotate

Post by judejove625 »

I dunno if anyone has posted something about this so if they have please send me a link xP

after playing around with ZGEV for a while now, I've got really into it and started making 3ds images in blender to import into my projects. I'm having a problem though with making just a simple rotating model.

I hate coding but I'm trying to slowly learn. I'm trying to work through the template in ZGameEditor for FG and BG but don't know exactly what I would change other than the mesh to an imported 3ds file. I also want it to allow me to adjust the alpha, hue, and saturation just like most 3D models in the visualizer presets.

Any tips would be nice
Thnx
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi judejove625,

Creating a Visualizer effect that contains a rotating 3D mesh actually doesn't require any coding. I've put together a quick video showing how to create such a effect ( starting from a empty project ). Adding alpha / hue / saturation controls will require some coding / copy-pasting, but let's do this one step at a time .. :wink:

K
judejove625

Post by judejove625 »

Kjell wrote:Adding alpha / hue / saturation controls will require some coding / copy-pasting, but let's do this one step at a time .. :wink:
Thnx that totally helped. plus i also found a project i think you replied with in some post a while back haha so is there like a directory for scripts and where to place them or something? i think if i had something like that, id study it more than i do for school haha
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Here is a basic script you can expand on. It has a simple spinning mesh, with a Parameter for the rotation speed, and a static rotation in the other axis. The rest of the Parameters are hooked up to set color and such. Enjoy.

Oh, you don't even need to modify the script, you can simply use the;

Settings > Custom Content > Meshes

option in FL Studio to swap out the mesh for your logo.
Attachments
00. SpinningLogo.zip
script setup,. .
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 774 times
iterationGAMES.com
judejove625

Post by judejove625 »

jph_wacheski wrote:Here is a basic script you can expand on. It has a simple spinning mesh, with a Parameter for the rotation speed, and a static rotation in the other axis. The rest of the Parameters are hooked up to set color and such. Enjoy.

Oh, you don't even need to modify the script, you can simply use the;

Settings > Custom Content > Meshes

option in FL Studio to swap out the mesh for your logo.
Thnx but i tried opening it in zgameeditor and its saying "Class not found: Array". As of right now, I'm also trying to apply another spinning 3d model along with my logo. Is the file you gave me only able to open in FL?
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

You need the latest beta of ZGameEditor for that example. The component Array was previously named DefineArray.
judejove625

Post by judejove625 »

thnx that definitely makes it a lot easier haha but what if i wanna add more to it? when I open it in ZGE, I find nothing in the tree. Ive been working on this project where i have a whole bunch of box meshes, more like tiles, and havin them all flip and rotate. is it possible to just add it into this project file and itll load fine?