Preview for meshes and models is not working

Found a bug? Post information about it here so we can fix it!

Moderator: Moderators

Rado1

Preview for meshes and models is not working

Post by Rado1 »

Preview shows nothing for meshes and models. If it is overlapped with other window, its content is not refreshed at all - after moving the overlapping window away, the Preview contains part of that window.

I have Windows 7 64-bit, AMD FirePro M2000 GPU.
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
scr.jpg (129.65 KiB) Viewed 16503 times
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

I observed that this happens after opening a project which has ZApplication.GLBase set to ES2/GL3. Sometimes, the Preview area is being refreshed, but it is still empty for Model and Mesh components.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

You finally got a computer with a decent graphics card? ;)

Not sure what the problem could be. Do you mean that it's working correctly for GLbase compatible projects? Is application preview blank too?
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

VilleK wrote:You finally got a computer with a decent graphics card? ;)
At last :-)

For GLbase Compatible projects the Preview works fine.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Does it work to run (as exe) GL3 projects? Please check latest graphics drivers. It's a holiday tomorrow here so it will take until Monday until I have a chance to look at this again.
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

The project run as GL3 exe without problems. I have the latest drivers.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Sounds like a driver issue but I tried it on my AMD card and it works there (the GLES2Demo project). Not sure what to do. I tried adding a few glFlush calls that has previously been commented out. Please try the attached exe.
Attachments
ZDesigner.rar
test exe
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 538 times
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Hi Ville, I tried the modified version of ZGameEditor.exe, but still the same behavior. I also tried different AMD drivers: the latest Catalyst suite, the version recommended by driver download from AMD and also the version distributed by HP for my notebook. Always the same incorrect behavior. I'm slightly becoming sad.

Here are the steps how to reproduce my problem on the GLES2Demo.zgeproj project, if it helps:

1. Open the project.
2. Click on Mesh1 - clear/empty Preview.
3. Clicking on Model1 - correct Preview.
4. Clicking on DinaBitmap - clear Preview.
5. Click on App - correct Preview.
6. Click on DinaBitmap - correct Preview.
7. Click on Model1 - correct Preview.
8. Click on Mesh1 - Preview shows a box with height 2.0, but cannot be rotated/resized/repositioned. It takes rotation, size and position from the Preview of Model1 which was previously active.

See also the attached screenshots; their numbers correspond to the steps above.[/img]
Attachments
screenshots
screenshots
scr.jpg (56.45 KiB) Viewed 16437 times
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi guys,

Just for your information .. I've experienced similar oddities when trying out the ES2/GL3 mode ( haven't used it since though ) .. and i've got a NVIDIA card.

Perhaps it will make Rado1 a little less sad knowing he's not alone / it's not a AMD thing ;)

K
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Kjell wrote:Perhaps it will make Rado1 a little less sad knowing he's not alone / it's not a AMD thing ;)
Thanks Kjell, I'm happier now :-) ... but would be much happier if ZGE was working in ES2/GL3 mode better.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Ok, following the steps I also get strange (but not exactly the same) behavior. Which is good news because I should be able to track the problem down since it is reproducible! So no more sad faces please :D
I'll continue with this tomorrow.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I've added code to turn off any active shaders before previewing meshes and bitmaps. That helped here. Please try it, download the beta again.
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Ville, this fix works for me as well. Thanks!

Now, the only remaining problem which makes usage of ZGE in my current project difficult is the problem with centerMouse() described here.