Materials switching

Found a bug? Post information about it here so we can fix it!

Moderator: Moderators

rrTea

Materials switching

Post by rrTea »

I wanted to migrate my project from my desktop machine to my laptop. But things that work perfectly on desktop do not work anymore.

For example one of the things I managed to isolate is a problem of Material switching. In the attached example, the Material used to render model "Dummy" switches after the "DummyKid" disapears! (The "DummyKid" is also rendered incorrectly, even though it looks corect in the ZGE's Preview Window.) If you look into the code, "Dummy" should absolutely never switch materials. I'm also attaching the screesnhots for comparison.

Maybe I'm doing something really stupid here, but then I'd expect it to glitch on both machines, which is not the case (again, this works perfectly on my desktop computer).

This is somehow connected to RenderText component (which also behaves weirdly, I'll try to report it some other time) I think. Same thing hapens with both the newest build and one of the pre-threading builds.

Anybody else had similar problems?

Edit: Moved the zge project from the post into the attachment otherwise it breaks the formatting.
Attachments
Start12 material glitch.zgeproj
Press Cursor Up once it starts
(18.88 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
Watch what happens to the small cube in the middle (the big moving cube is also incorrectly rendered)
Watch what happens to the small cube in the middle (the big moving cube is also incorrectly rendered)
zge glitch material.gif (129.02 KiB) Viewed 9889 times
OhNo.zip
Screenshots comparison
(32.48 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

In your screenshot, it looks like texturing is enabled for some reason even though the material for Dummy has no textures. However on my computer it works fine.

I did a small change in ZGE just now. Please download and see if it makes any difference: http://www.zgameeditor.org/files/ZGameEditor_beta.zip
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Indeed it does, now it works on the laptop too. Thanks for fixing it!
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Ever since the threading was introduced, the RenderText component sometimes renders all the characters as glitchy squares. I have not yet managed to isolate it (lots of Models etc involved) but I can reproduce it in my project at one particular point 100%. This happens on both laptop and desktop computers.

Is this a known issue or should I dig a bit more?
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I think I know what can cause this. I made another fix. Please download and try again.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

It works again! Great, thanks!