Editor Redesign

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

rrTea

Post by rrTea »

I was thinking of making a new thread with a few ideas for the IDE, but hey! they were already here (complete with mockups and even more ideas).

My random comments:
Kjell wrote:
I noticed you've reduced the log-window to a single line in the status bar. What's your idea here, that if the user clicks on the line the log window will appear at the bottom of the screen?
Exactly, the alert icon should only appear when something that requires your attention has occurred ( perhaps there could be other icons for specific events such as a time-out ).
Good idea, the current console not only has a glitch that causes it to evil-ly flash on me (I wrote about it elsewhere) but also I tend to use it seriously maybe only once per day... so for me it'd work better if it were redesigned as proposed above.

"App.jpg" (the second image from top)
I always missed a huge Comment area that is immediately visible! For me it'd probably work best if the first line of the comment (up to newline/CR) is shown in the project tree and the rest is visible only in the "Comment area", right now ZGE just chains the whole comment into one "sausage" line which looks a bit messy...

"Group.jpg" "Double click on the header group collapses it and vice versa"
It's a bit hard to guess the group will collapse by looking at it, maybe it should be indicated it's clickable by using one of those "triangle pointing down" signs that are usually used in such occasions? In my opinion no need for doubleclicking, one click should be enough.