Welcome/new dialog?

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

Welcome/new dialog?

Post by VilleK »

Hi,

I'm thinking it would be nice to have a welcome dialog. This could be shown both the first time ZGE is started, and also from a "File - New..." menu item.

See Kjells old suggestion for an Welcome dialog here: http://emix8.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=703

The point of such a dialog is to make ZGE a bit more user friendly. Even though we've done things to improve the user interface, ZGE still is quite hardcore, so well done all of you who have managed to learn it despite the difficulties :).

What would such a dialog show? In addition to "recent projects" like in Kjells suggestion, I would like to see "Open sample project" with a list of the included sample projects, and also "New from template" with a list of the templates. Any more suggestions?
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Sounds good! Can't come up with something else to add to it right now though. Will think about it!
rrTea

Re: Welcome/new dialog?

Post by rrTea »

VilleK wrote:In addition to "recent projects" like in Kjells suggestion, I would like to see "Open sample project" with a list of the included sample projects, and also "New from template" with a list of the templates. Any more suggestions?
Sounds great to me too!