加速彈丸 (Accelerating projectiles)

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

rrTea

Post by rrTea »

About the game: harvest the power pellets from the enemy and… attack! You can also collect the small rockets. Should be simple enough to figure out after a few attempts (might be a bit confusing at first) (just remember to let go of the shoot button from time to time, this is not one of those games where you have to constantly keep the button pressed). There is only one enemy implemented.

Here is a short gif to give you an idea of what it looks like:
(from an older build)
(from an older build)
001a.gif (2.46 MiB) Viewed 22821 times
Project page: open
Last edited by rrTea on Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Re: A.S.64k

Post by VilleK »

I like it! I notice that the exe is exactly 64kb so you seem to have reached the limit :). Or do you have any ideas on how to save space?
rrTea

Re: AS 64k (hopefully final build :) )

Post by rrTea »

Thanks for checking it :) Yes, I did find a way how to save even more space. So here is a new build (lots of additions & fixes & optimizations)! (Attached to the first post.)

Maybe some numbers need a bit of tweaking but this should be it I think, everything is fully functional and all features are in place. Unless I hear about some major problems here I'll try to make a site for the project (and update this thread with the links) when I get a chance.

If you see a feature you really like, chances are I copied it from Kjell :) ( if it's something silly that was probably written by me :) ) As for the game itself, I guess it will be a bit confusing on the first few tries but I hope that ultimately everybody who plays it will have an unexpected feeling (hopefully a good one and not because the game crashed!).
Last edited by rrTea on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Re: A.S.64k

Post by VilleK »

About saving space: the "Find unused components" option in Tools menu can help sometimes.
rrTea

Re: AS 64k

Post by rrTea »

It's very useful, I regularly use it.
Just to confirm :)
Just to confirm :)
剪貼簿圖片 (5).png (1.37 KiB) Viewed 22766 times
Currently the project is at the point where if I try to add even an empty ZExpression it'll go over 64k – no doubt there are still things that can be further optimized but that's it for now.

Here is a video of the thing in action: https://streamable.com/vexph
Last edited by rrTea on Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Re: AS 64k

Post by VilleK »

rrTea wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:38 am Anyway I made a page for the project: https://q64.itch.io/as64k
I like your comic strips :D
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Thanks! I decided to move the project to a new page.

Links in the first post! Jump ^
I'd be super happy to hear if anybody has any comments / ideas / crash reports.
VilleK
Site Admin

Re: 加速彈丸 (Accelerating projectiles)

Post by VilleK »

So the plan is to keep splitting the big game into smaller mini-games and release them separately? It looks like a nice idea.

I see now that you posted a Hu Die update too on patreon and I tried it, the tutorial is very polished and a very good addition! I miss the cutscenes though are they not included at this point?
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Something like that, basically these "offshoots" are indeed often derived from / based on parts of a bigger project but with significant modifications. I can also use smaller projects to experiment with various ZGE features and how they work in context, for example the background effect in this game was such a thing.

Yes I updated Hu Die too (and my signature, I completely forgot I had some old links in there) and added the tutorial / took out the cutscenes. The tutorial is a bit unedited, did you find it long winded? Cutscenes are not implemented because bitmaps make things technically difficult, so I am planning to implement them last or develop them separately (none of which is ideal but I can't think of anything better). I should probably write about it in the thread (there's a whole plan behind it…).
Last edited by rrTea on Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Ok, just let me know if I can do anything to help with the technical difficulties.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

I will! :D