All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

nach79

Player file missing for chosen platform

Post by nach79 »

Hi everybody. I´m new here.

I can´t build to Linux or Mac os x.
When I try it appears one window with this message:

"Player file missing for chosen platform (they are not included on the ZGE beta version)"

But I have tried with different versions, not only the beta...

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi nach79,

The Linux and Mac OS player files are not included in recent releases. You either have to compile them yourself ( from the source code ), or in case of the Linux file ( for ZGE 3.0 ) you can grab it from this thread ( and rename it to "Player_linux.bin" ). As i mentioned in that thread, it's a real shame they are not included anymore .. not including the files is not exactly beginner friendly.

+ Please don't hesitate to ask any questions when you need help with anything :wink:

K
nach79

Post by nach79 »

Thanks Kjell.

Wow, I'm late. Ironically I´m more interested on make linux games an later windows or mac.
Does that solution will still work even if ZGE continue to update?

Anyway, what convinced me was its own integrated synthesizer and the possibility of using SunVox. That´s great for me, because I´m working on audio based games. Only audio, no graphics.

Can I use my ZGE games with commercial purpose?

Thanks again!
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi nach79,
nach79 wrote:Does that solution will still work even if ZGE continue to update?
Certainly. You can always compile the Linux and Mac OS binaries yourself with each release. Any new features ( generally ) work on all platforms .. unless it's something platform-specific like touchscreen support, which only works on Android at the moment.
nach79 wrote:Anyway, what convinced me was its own integrated synthesizer and the possibility of using SunVox.
Not sure if anybody tried the Linux library of SunVox with ZGameEditor yet, but it should work .. in case it doesn't, let us know :wink:
nach79 wrote:Can I use my ZGE games with commercial purpose?
Yes-sir. ZGameEditor itself is open-source / freeware released under the MIT license, and any content you create with it can be distributed royalty free.

K
nach79

Post by nach79 »

Thanks a lot Kjell.
The last question please.
I have been reading about it, but I have some doubts. Is it possible add more sound synthesizers to ZGE?