GK 64k

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

rrTea

GK 64k

Post by rrTea » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:53 am

I made a "sequel" / alternative / improved version of "AS" project, imaginatively titled "GK" (for Glider Killer)! You can see it here:
( open page )
Sadly itchio still doesn't allow games to have ZGE as "engine used" (starting to get really annoyed with that site) so I just added it in tags. See all the games tagged with this!
( show tag: zge )

Originally it was very hard (I could clear it only 1 out of 5 times) but hopefully this version is more reasonable, maybe it's even too easy. Here is a quick video of the thing in action:
( video )

Right now it is at the point where if I add just about anything it'll go over 64k so I had to cut a few things (screen flash and some other simple effects like that) while others ended up very unoptimized – I'll try to do it all better in the eventual future. Anyway I also included the source code, which is not some fantastic example of how ZGE should be used (especially since the project was originally bigger so some things are weirdly set up) but it all works.

Let me know if you get some crashes / framerate drops or any other thoughts you might have!

Edit: clarification :)
Attachments
003 mini 32 2.gif
Example
003 mini 32 2.gif (2.65 MiB) Viewed 470 times
Last edited by rrTea on Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

VilleK
Site Admin

Re: GK 64k

Post by VilleK » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 am

Thanks. It is still quite difficult but fun. I think you should promote these mini-games of yours some more, they deserve a larger audience than the few of us here at ZGE forums :)

rrTea

Re: GK 64k

Post by rrTea » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:20 am

Thanks :) Maybe I should really promote it, but for various reasons I never do it.