Bug report: Color picker values are not saved properly?

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

myraneal

Bug report: Color picker values are not saved properly?

Post by myraneal »

Hey there,
I was using RenderSetColor component recently and I saved the RGB values of the Color Picker to be 100, 255, 85 respectively (note that I am using version 1.7.5). When I saved the project, exit ZDesigner, and re-opened it, the RGB values came up as 99, 255, 84 for the Color value under the same RenderSetColor component. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Yılmaz
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yılmaz, I could not reproduce this error so I believe this is solved in the latest version because of saving floating point values with greater precision. Upgrade to fix the problem.

Thanks for reporting.

/Ville
myraneal

Post by myraneal »

You're right Ville. I can't reproduce the bug in 177 either. Seems like it was fixed. Thanks :D
Also, what's the plan with regards to keeping project files saved from previous releases compatible with future versions? I couldn't find any information on that. Thankfully my project from 175 worked just fine with 177, but will it always be compatible?
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

The zgeproj-files have always been upwards compatible with newer releases of ZGameEditor until now. If a future version of ZGE break backwards compatibility then it will be clearly stated in the release notes. So you can safely upgrade as long as you read the release notes.