PM?

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

PM?

Post by VilleK »

Did someone just send a PM to me? My inmail-box was full so I did not receive it, I just got the notify email. I've emptied the mailbox now so please send again, thanks.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hej Ville,

Yea that was me, I was having some memory related issues with my Quad-based conversion of ZGE ( opposed to Triangle-based ), but actually managed to solve it myself already 8)

Good to know that there's space in your mailbox again though :wink:

Regards,
Kjell
Attachments
Quads.gif
Quads.gif (11.38 KiB) Viewed 6202 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Nice work Kjell!

You know me, I always need to ask the boring question: when is this feature useful? :)
Just so that we can measure the increased code size/complexity against the features usefulness and decide whether it is worth including in the main build.

And about the other changes you've made please send me the sources or diff-files and maybe I can look into it next week, time/health allowing.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hej Ville,

This is not meant for the public build ( hence a PM ). It could have, if the mesh renderer would have been a little less hard coded to work solely with GL_TRIANGLES. So for my needs ( one specific project ) it was most convenient to just convert the whole renderer / mesh generation procedures into quads.

I'll send you the snippets of the small changes I've made since the 1.9.1 release shortly. Also, the Joystick components are coming along nicely ( Input is working, Feedback semi- ) although I haven't been able to test it cross-platform yet ( Mac / Linux ).

K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Ok Kjell, I'll look forward to the changes. And if you want to PM me a screenshot of your ZGE-game, then that would be great too ;)