Beta release 1.9.3b

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

again some sweet additions,. I am wondering how to access the new extra textures from the shader? the bitmap stack will be fun for more complex generated maps,. nice ;)
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

jph_wacheski wrote:I am wondering how to access the new extra textures from the shader?
Hmm... looks like I may have forgotten a step here. I thought the textures were available in glsl by default, but apparently they need to be assigned to uniform variables.

http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/articles/a ... article=21

So ZGE needs to predefine names such as "sampler2D texture0" which then can be used in the shader code. I someone knows of another way then please let me know.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Kjell and Kattle, thanks for the files and detailed examples! I'll look into it.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hej Ville,

Something appears to have broken the Expression property of the Repeat Component. It seems to always loop forever, no matter what expression you use. A bug-fix would be nice 8)

Also, the Array-out-of-bounds checking seems to use the incorrect Dimensions. When for example using 3 dimension, the count of dimension one seems to be the limit for the third parameter. Plus, the limit is one integer too high .. I can write to index [0,0,3] of a Array with dimensions of 3,1,1.

K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I've updated the beta again today with some small bugfixes.

- Kattle: The crash with bitmap-stacking is now gone. Also fixed bug with ZoomRotate which gave different results runtime compared with designer.
- JPH: Use variables "tex1","tex2","tex3" to access textures from shaders. Check out example in ShaderDemo.
- Kjell: I've updated the mip-mapping code so it should give better results now.

Regarding your latest bugreport, Kjell: I just tried "return this.iteration<2;" and it works. Do you have a example when it fails?
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hej Ville,

You're right .. after restarting ZGE it worked again. I managed to reproduce the bug though. First enter a expression that makes use of a Array, for example "return Array[0,0,this.Iteration] != 0;" .. which doesn't work correctly when you haven't filled the Array properly, then when you change the expression to for example return "this.Iteration < 2;", it loops forever. Perhaps a Array should be filled with 0's upon creation automatically?

K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Updated again with bug-fixes:

- Time is reset with every preview-start in designer
- Arrays interval checking fixed (including bug with repeat-component)
- Arrays are initialized with zeros
- Shift-Delete no longer deletes the current treenode while typing in a expression

If no more serious bugs are discovered then I'll make this a proper release in a few days before working on more features.