Contact this guy!!!

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

kattle87

Contact this guy!!!

Post by kattle87 »

Hi! I've just found this site: it's from a very able guy that has programmed a lots of cool stuff in Pascal. Well, I think we should try to get him on the project, or at least ask him for the sources of the operator stacking GUI from his "Picatune" program so we can reuse it for our "bitmap operator stacking" that will be a needed feature :)

The blog is kept up-to-date, so he will answer emails (I hope)... Ville, it's up to you! You have to convince him :)

BTW: ask if we can use his EXE packer and redistribute it ;)
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

No link? :) I googled and found the page:

http://bero.0ok.de/blog/

Looks very interesting! Sure, I'll contact him.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

yeah some very interesting stuff here,. Physics,. pascal comipler, scripting, voice sysnth,. xm player,. and nice small size projects!

fransico - This is a great find,. hope this guy is into contributing to ZGE!,. I would love that voice synth added into the current synth engein! however,. we don't really 'need' operator stacking,. just some more bitmap synth/manipulation components, Ville has pointed to some good ideas for implementing ways to get more complex loops and stack type procedures using the tree,. and in fact we have more already :) I would love to see you create some library functions for drawing shapes/processing bitmaps,. as you are a great math wiz! or more mesh processes!! peace.
iterationGAMES.com
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

LOL sorry for no linking the site :D something has gone wrong in my mind in those days :D However, it's good that you have found him anyway :)
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
stevenp

Post by stevenp »

Did this guy respond? It would be interesting to see what he says.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

No response from him yet and his blog hasn't been updated for a few months. I found another email-address to him so I'm sending the email again. We'll have to wait and see.
BeRo

So, here I am

Post by BeRo »

So, here I am :D

I've updated https://sourceforge.net/projects/pappe/ with my current local PAPPE sources and examples.

I would spend my exe packer, but my exe packer has a problem: It is detected by the most antivirus software as false-positive.

I'm working currerntly on a MIDI-driven 64kb softsynth called BR404 (with VSTi plugin for use in MIDI sequencers), which've all the features like V2 plus some more extra features. I will maybe release this softsynth on the TUM 2008 demoparty. And yes, BR404 includes my speechsynth, which is now a lyric sing synth in BR404 :lol: Here some old examples http://bero.freqvibez.net/br404oldexamples.zip

So long,
BeRo
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

Welcome :D I hope you will find ZGE interesting, because with your help/suggestions I think we can do quite a lot of things ;)

I'm really happy to see you here! :)

BTW: what do you mean exactly with "My primary demogroup: farbrausch"? Are you part of the crew??? :)
-=Hugo Rossi=-
BeRo

Post by BeRo »

kattle87 wrote:Welcome :D I hope you will find ZGE interesting, because with your help/suggestions I think we can do quite a lot of things ;)
Yes, I think also so. :)
kattle87 wrote:BTW: what do you mean exactly with "My primary demogroup: farbrausch"? Are you part of the crew??? :)
Yes, I'm farbrausch member :)
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Welcome BeRo!

A Farbrausch-member, eh? Not bad credentials ;). ZGE would not exist or at least not look the same if it weren't for Werkkzeug by FB.

You have some very cool projects, and the best part is that they seem to be written in very compact Delphi/Freepascal code which makes them perfect for ZGE.

What we need to do now is examine how much work it would mean to integrate your code into ZGE. I've downloaded the source for your physics engine and will take a look at the possibilities.

Welcome again, and here's hoping for some good collaborations that will lead to great new features.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Hi BeRo! your physics is quite advanced and would make a great addition to ZGE, I can see some great physics based gameplay coming out of that!

I have used the V2 synth in BUZZ and it is a great system,. will your plug-in work in a similar way, i.e. capturing notes and parameter changes,. generating a tinny file to re-play in the player? if so, a component to playback those song files in ZGE would be very welcome,.
I'm sure whatever you choose to contibute to the ZGE will be well recived here,. . TUM looks like some great fun,. is really too bad I am stranded on this side of the pond,. otherwise I would make the effort to attend some of these events you oldworlders get to enjoy,.

peace
iterationGAMES.com
BeRo

Post by BeRo »

jph_wacheski wrote:Hi BeRo! your physics is quite advanced and would make a great addition to ZGE, I can see some great physics based gameplay coming out of that!
Yes, the base functions of the physics engine works already pretty very well, only the ragdoll object joint routines are a bit buggy yet, but this should be bugfixable :lol:
jph_wacheski wrote: I have used the V2 synth in BUZZ and it is a great system,. will your plug-in work in a similar way, i.e. capturing notes and parameter changes,. generating a tinny file to re-play in the player? if so, a component to playback those song files in ZGE would be very welcome,.
I'm sure whatever you choose to contibute to the ZGE will be well recived here,. . TUM looks like some great fun,. is really too bad I am stranded on this side of the pond,. otherwise I would make the effort to attend some of these events you oldworlders get to enjoy,.
Yes, BR404 has two modes for this:

Mode 1: Record/Capture all MIDI events in realtime for track export
Mode 2: Import a standard MIDI file for track export (this mode is better compressable, because MIDI delta values are often lower by the values than sample position data values of mode 1, therefore also better compressable)

Here some screenshots of the BR404 vsti plugin:

Last edited by BeRo on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

wow, that does look tasty,. I like the clean interface style, and it looks to have loads of cool features. I am interested in how much range of sounds it can generate just using synth osc and effects? so as to keep size tinny,. no samples, or as few/small as possible ;)
I guess you will post it after the party so it will be a nice x-mass present.., great work BeRo!

peace
iterationGAMES.com