PigmentPuller - painting generator, issue with refresh rate?

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

PigmentPuller - painting generator, issue with refresh rate?

Post by jph_wacheski »

I'm not sure what the problem with fullscreen and clearScreenMode=1 is,. I suspect it has to do with the beta refresh rate stuff ??? anywhy,. have a look,. it works great in a window, however running in fullscreen and I get a flickering of the whole screen. strange eh? (do you guys get that same thing?)

I was messing around with some particle effects, and as is useual for me I keep getting side tracked, untill I decided I was building a generative painting machine., I have a few reall good ones that I will have machine painted in large canavases as soon as I have some cash,. . perhpas I will sell some on-line or in a gallary in Toronto,. (still searching for ways to generate an income) . well at least it will be a nice screen saver,. if we can figure the flickering problem out..,

Press space to pause the painting,.

gets me wondering if there is any way to grab parts of the screen into a bitmap from ZGE for further internal use in the app,. or the whole screen even,. would be nice if we could apply shaders to the full screen for blur bloom effects,. . is that possible now ?
Attachments
iterworks_004.zip
the .exe
(39.33 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I works fine here. Looking good! I suspect it is your graphics driver that doesn't clear video memory before program starts. Try setting clearscreenmode to 1 after a few frames and keep it at 0 on startup. I probably should add code to clear both buffers in ZGE on engine start.