Order

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Order

Post by Kjell »

:?:

Some order weirdness .. Right now when you have a App, a AppState and a Model spawned in each ( AppState launched after SpawnModel ), the OnRender order is; App.Model -> AppState.Model -> App -> AppState. The OnUpdate order however is; AppState -> App -> App.Model -> AppState.Model.

I'm aware that when you swap SetAppState in App.OnLoad to be before SpawnModel, you get; AppState.Model -> App.Model -> App -> AppState for OnRender, and; AppState -> App -> AppState.Model -> App.Model for OnUpdate.

Personally I'd rather see; App -> App.Model -> AppState -> AppState.Model for both events, but a consistent order between OnUpdate and OnRender would be a good start.

Please do share your thoughts and idea's.

K
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

Having a good order is somewhat important ;)

Plus, I was thinking about a queue with priority to kill two birds with one stone :) getting the right order in the easy way and assign priorities to the objects spawned and other stuff.
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-