ICEstorm - screensaver

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

ICEstorm - screensaver

Post by jph_wacheski »

Here is, IMHO, my best lightpainting thus far. What I tend to go for with these types of things, is a cross between a nice abstract painting,. aesthetically appealing, and a lava-lamp,. randomly interesting. I have always enjoyed the chaotic patterns generated in nature and physics and creating something that gives that interesting and living feeling is the goal.

I have included some nag. text and plan to charge people for the text free ver. just to see if any will pay for an art piece such as this. I'll have to set up my new site first,. . but that is underway ;)

please test and report and problems befor it goes live on my site,. THANKS!

one issue I came to is the question of resolution, building as a .scr we lose the dialoge for res. setting. This is set to 1024x768, and full window. Someone had built a tinny dll for GameMaker to allow for that standard windows .scr configure dialog,. I wunder if that could be possible with ZGE as it is otherwise very well suited for creation of screensavers. Settings would allow for some fun to config. stuff!

noticed this as well;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Vect ... dards2.svg

perhaps we can add more of these to the standard pull down in the ZGE configure dialog,. as there are a load of devices these days and on any non-CRT displays I find that setting to the physical res. looks far better,. .
Attachments
ICEstorm_unreg.zip
smoke a bowl and dim the lights,. .
(35.27 KiB) Downloaded 566 times
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi jph,

A dialogue that can be accessed from the Display Properties > Screen Saver > Settings button would be ideal yea. Although personally I always prefer a Screensaver to just use my current resolution .. a option that's still missing in ZGE as well.

K