SYNTH- a procedural game (needs a supercomputer to play!)

Any topic not related to ZGE.

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

SYNTH- a procedural game (needs a supercomputer to play!)

Post by jph_wacheski »

SYNTH is a new alternative video game for a high-end MS windows PC's. SYNTH was designed and developed by Rhys Paul Hovey. In it's current version (0.909) it has been over a year in the making. SYNTH is 100% mathematically / procedurally generated. This means that for all of SYNTH's graphics and levels, there is a mathematical function or process from which it was made, making it a very difficult game to program, and in the end quite scalable and unusual. Typically the graphics in a video game are "modeled" by artists with mouse and pen-like touch pads. Everything in SYNTH has a mathematical / algorithmic representation.

http://www.moddb.com/games/synthtm/down ... m-freeware

I get around 3-9 fps perhaps one of Kj's highend systems can do it justice,. .
Even at that frame rate I do see that there is a lot of very interesting stuff going on,. give it a look :) This did inspire me to add more sparks and noise to my Locust project,. .
iterationGAMES.com
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

:shock: 22 MB of procedural content?
I must see this :D
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

ok, I'm disappointed...
:/ the game itself is <200 kb so it's fine... But whoa... no way! I can't play it decently with 2 GB ram and 7900 with 256 megs... And I feel it's a little clumpsy :/

Really I prefere the ones generated by our fella JPH :D
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:?

Ridiculous, loading times are unacceptable and the program itself is a absolute hog ( on a Core2Duo + GeForce 9800 + 4Gb RAM in Windows 7 64-bit ).

Booo ..
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

I think the point it is not yet HW-accelerated... :S
-=Hugo Rossi=-