Deled

Any topic not related to ZGE.

Moderator: Moderators

y offs et

Deled

Post by y offs et »

I suppose the local Pascal developers already know this, but...

http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 3dbb4f4fec
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Aha, I've missed that, thanks for the link. It is a 3d-modeler that I'm not familiar with, but it is written in Delphi and is going open source so might be worth to keep an eye on if any synergy with ZGE can be made.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Wow that is an interesting toolbox,. that I have not seen before. I am curious about lightmaping lately, although I would like it to be done at run time, for simple scenes to fit in tinny exe file, this could be a fun way to do some lighted scenes for ZGE. With it going opensource soon, perhaps we can see some new features in ZGE like some of the modeling in there,. subdivinsioning perhaps, and animation. thanks for posting it!
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:)

ZGE really needs FBO's yes*

@jph: What kind of environments are you working with? When you're aiming for mostly ambient light / occlusion and soft shadows you might want to bake the light information into your vertices. Alternatively when you're going for hard shadows you could generate geometry to represent those shadows. Or a combination of the two :wink: Texture based light data isn't always the best choice.

* It would also be a attractive feature marketing-wise as it's one of the limitations of the free Unity version.

K
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

I really like Deled. In the past I've done quite a bit with it. This last year I've kinda gotten away from it, so I'm not too up on the animation aspect they have branched into.

It just seemed to me that instead of ZGE making connections for numerous formats, using Deled's native format opens the door through all the plug-ins.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:?

Not exactly sure what you mean y_offs_et .. but keep in mind that ZGE first has to support features such as forward-kinematics / skinning etc. before you can start trying to import / export such data into a project. Also, judging from the Compatibility Matrix, most DeleD exporters are either based on legacy formats such as 3ds and obj ( which don't support animations to begin with ), or proprietary plugins written for a specific engine ( Torque / Ogre ). For now, DeleD's 3ds exporter should be more then sufficient.

K
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

As there isn't a Deled .3ds EXporter, I found a good work around.

Export Deled OBJ exporter

Use Autodesk FbxConverter
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc ... d=10775855

Convert OBJ to FBX
Convert FBX to .3ds
Attachments
ZGE.gif
ZGE.gif (22.84 KiB) Viewed 11005 times
DELED.gif
DELED.gif (23.94 KiB) Viewed 11005 times
"great expectations"
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Ah,

DeleD doesn't have a .3ds exporter? I must have overlooked that it was import only when writing my previous comment :oops: The Autodesk FBX converter is great though ( and free ), I use it to get meshes from Softimage into ZGE as well :wink:

K