software synthesizers

Any topic not related to ZGE.

Moderator: Moderators

y offs et

software synthesizers

Post by y offs et »

For someone new to these sound makers, learning the ropes can be a challenge.

Most are tremendously complex and filled with confusing tech jargon, combined with builders contrived and obscure descriptions. Plus, there is the price to consider.

ZGE has a resident synth, but unless someone has previous experience with the genre, it it little more than an interesting trial & error sound maker. I write from personal experience.

So I tried Buzz.

http://www.buzzmachines.com/index.php

A huge UNORGANIZED selection of free "everything about the genre" pieces. Eventually, I found one that did what I wanted, and would try something, only to run into some tech roadblock. After a number of these setbacks, the last one so infuriated me that I've sent Buzz to the recycle bin for the sixth time. And there it resides still, for now. I wish the fellow who says he is organizing it, luck.

Then I discovered Dark Wave.

http://www.experimentalscene.com/softwa ... ve-studio/

And I have been learning ever since. :)
"great expectations"
jph_wacheski

buzz rocs!

Post by jph_wacheski »

Hay that looks like a decent app for VST hosting,. BUZZ also hosts VSTs (New=> Adapters=> p-VST),. I prefer the tracker style patten creation editing.

BUZZ does take a bit of effort to get into,. I also recall when on starting computer music with Fruityloops,. trying buzz and going back to FL a couple times till BUZZ finally over took it, for the many great features and range of noises it can produce,. also being free was a big old plus.

There a few versions and install scripts floating around for BUZZ,. but the one from buzzmachines.com should get you a well organized setup. as pictured bellow. The organisation of the machines is based on a little text file you can edit yourself anyway.
Attachments
picking a synth,. .
picking a synth,. .
BUZZ_organized.jpg (123.7 KiB) Viewed 4809 times
iterationGAMES.com